Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video Template-driven forms, part of Angular 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] To make use of the forms module,…you need to add it to the list…of imports for your angular module.…In the app.module.ts file,…we can add a new import statement…and bring in the forms module…from the angular forms sculpt package.…Then we can add the forms module…to the imports metadata property array.…The forms module contains all the form…directives and constructs for working with forms.…
Now with this in place, we are ready…to start creating the form.…Our project code for this lesson…already has a media item form component set up…in the app module, as well as the app component…are wired up to render it for us.…So we can dive right into working on the new form.…Let's switch over to the media…item form component html file.…In Angular, the template driven approach…to building forms makes use of the…template syntax to build form interaction…all within your template mark up.…
With the forms module included in the app,…Angular is going to be on the lookout…for any form elements in your templates.…It does this through the built-in NG form directive,…
Justin Schwartzenberger steps through the framework one feature at a time, focusing on the new component-based architecture of Angular 2. You'll learn what Angular is and what it can do, as Justin builds a full-featured web app from start to finish. After mastering the essentials, you can tackle the other project-based courses in our library and create your own Angular app.
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Binding events and properties
- Getting data to components
- Using directives and pipes
- Creating Angular forms
- Validating form data
- Understanding dependency injection
- Providing services
- Making HTTP calls
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Router links2m 36s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.