Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video Structural directives: ngFor, part of Angular 2 Essential Training.
- [Narrator] Another common angular built in…structural directive is NG4.…The NG4 directive is used to repeat…markup when looping over some data.…Let's put the NG4 to use in the app.…We have another new component already…added to the project for this lesson…named media item list component.…And the app module and app component…are already updated to use that.…Let's take a look at the media…item list component TS file.…
This component is designed to render…out a list of media items and uses…the media item component to render each one.…The class has a property named media items…that has some static sample data set…to it for now, a couple of media items.…Let's flip over to the html file for this component…and make use of the NG4 structural directive.…In the template markup, there's a section…element with one mw-media-item element inside of that.…
We want to have a mw-media-item element…for each media item in the media items class property.…This can be done by putting asterisks NG4…on the mw-media-item element and setting…
Justin Schwartzenberger steps through the framework one feature at a time, focusing on the new component-based architecture of Angular 2. You'll learn what Angular is and what it can do, as Justin builds a full-featured web app from start to finish. After mastering the essentials, you can tackle the other project-based courses in our library and create your own Angular app.
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Binding events and properties
- Getting data to components
- Using directives and pipes
- Creating Angular forms
- Validating form data
- Understanding dependency injection
- Providing services
- Making HTTP calls
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Router links2m 36s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.