Find out the three protocols used for communicating with a server, as well as details on which protocol your Angular 2 application should use.
- [Instructor] SOAP stands for…Simple Object Access Protocol.…It's the oldest of the server communication options…and is considered a full protocol,…with clearly defined data formats,…communication layers, and transfer methods.…SOAP relies heavily on XML, but can be used…over many protocols other than HTTP.…REST stands for Representational State Transfer…and is more like an architectural style…than a full protocol.…REST offers a standardized interface…that easily scales up and down and is very portable.…
In my experience, REST is almost always used…in an Angular application and this is the API…
- Overview of data storage options
- Saving and retrieving data from the browser
- Setting routes in the URL
- Using query strings and fragments instead of routes
- Saving and retrieving data from a server
- Working with user input
- Using JSONP instead of HTTP
- Why writing custom services is important
- Writing custom services for working with browsers and servers
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Application overview1m 39s
2. Data Storage Options
3. Storing Data in the Browser
4. Storing Data on a Server
5. Writing Custom Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.