Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video Software requirements, part of Creating a Quiz with AngularJS 1.
- View Offline
- Now, before we begin this course I want to talk about the things that you'll need in order to complete the course. First, you should have some prior knowledge of HTML and CSS. While this is not a requirement because I'll be demonstrating every aspect of the course this will certainly help your understanding of what effect Angular is having on the HTML and the corresponding CSS. You should also have access to a web server or some type of local host or local serving software on your computer. I'll be using a Macintosh with Safari. And in that case, you can actually work with files right on your desktop. And I'll talk more about that in a minute.
And then, finally, you will need an HTML-enabled web browser which is going to be any modern browser on a recent operating system. Now, one thing to note is that we're going to be loading JSON data directly into our quiz and this requires that we use an HTTP service inside of Angular to load that content. Since I'm going to be working on a Macintosh and using Safari, I will not run into any security issues by loading dynamic scripts into my application. Now, if you're going to be using a different browser or the Windows platform, you may need to build your project on a web server or use local web serving software in order to load the JSON file using Angular's HTTP service.
So, if you have FTP or file-sharing access to a live web server, you can use that. Or, if you want to try some local server software there is a free application called MAMP. It's available for Mac and Windows. It's a really quick install and you can simply pick a folder and then MAMP will give you a URL you can put into your browser and load files from your local system through the server software. So now that we know what prior knowledge and software we need to complete the course next we're going to talk about the files that are included in the exercise files.
- Preparing the base layout
- Styling the layout
- Adding content to the containers
- Preparing the AngularJS scripts and JSON data
- Setting up the progress bar
- Generating questions and answers
- Setting active answered states
- Calculating users results
- Making the quiz responsive