Join Roy Sivan for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up WordPress and the theme, part of Building a Single-Page Application with AngularJS and WordPress.
- Setting up WordPress locally is very easy.…I have already installed MAMP,…and I'm using it to run my local install.…I have created a WordPress website…under ng-restapi,…and here it is using the 2015 theme.…There are a couple things that we will need to setup…with WordPress in order to get our theme to work properly.…I'm going to go ahead and add a new plugin.…I'm going to add the WordPress REST API.…Make sure that you're downloading and installing…Version 2 of the plugin.…So, click Install Now,…and go ahead and Activate it.…
In this course, Roy Sivan shows how to build a single-page web app with WordPress, AngularJS, and the WordPress REST API plugin. Roy also reviews creating controllers and routes to get a basic understanding of building a multiview single-page app. Plus, get some tips to transition your single-page app to a native mobile app with AppPresser.
- Setting up WordPress
- Creating the AngularJS components, including the controller and route
- Connecting WordPress and AngularJS
- Connecting views
- Adding and displaying custom data
- Using a plugin to show advanced custom field (ACF) data on the template