Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video Services in Angular, part of Angular 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Services are not an Angular construct,…but rather, a pattern.…They are nothing more than a class…to encapsulate some logic that you want to share…across places in your application.…With Angular's Dependency Injection,…you can inject services around your application.…To create a service class,…you do not need to do anything Angular specific.…There is no metadata needed.…There's not some naming convention requirement,…or some functional interface that needs to be implemented.…They are just plain old classes that you create…to modularize reusable code.…
There are several reasons why you would want…to create and use services in your Angular applications.…One of the most common is a data service.…A class that will handle getting and setting data…from your data store.…In the case of the Media Watch List application,…it displays a list of media items,…and allows the user to delete and add items,…all done from different components.…A data service that gets injected…into each of those components…allows you to not have to…
Justin Schwartzenberger steps through the framework one feature at a time, focusing on the new component-based architecture of Angular 2. You'll learn what Angular is and what it can do, as Justin builds a full-featured web app from start to finish. After mastering the essentials, you can tackle the other project-based courses in our library and create your own Angular app.
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Binding events and properties
- Getting data to components
- Using directives and pipes
- Creating Angular forms
- Validating form data
- Understanding dependency injection
- Providing services
- Making HTTP calls
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Router links2m 36s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.