Join Joseph Labrecque for an in-depth discussion in this video Scrubbing the playback, part of Building Custom HTML5 Video Playback with AngularJS 1.
- In addition to clicking upon the progress bar to seek…to specific points in the video, we'll also add a small…thumb scrubber, allowing the user to drag-seek to points…in the video.…We'll now create a draggable thumb scrubber…along the progress bar,…so, let's find our progress bar here,…and there it is.…What we're going to do is right below there,…paste in this new element,…so this element has an ID of thumbScrubber…and then we give it some style and the style is basically…for positioning and it's based off the scrubTop and…scrubLeft properties that we've already set…within our angular application.…
Now there's something else in here that we're using.…It's a directive called ng-mousedown.…For that, we want to start a drag event,…whenever somebody clicks their mouse down upon that…thumb scrubber.…So we haven't defined dragStart yet, but before we do so,…let's go into our CSS file and paste in some CSS…to style our thumb.…So, here I'm going to locate our PROGRESSBAR area…because it does have to do with the progress bar,…
- Setting up
- Creating a video element
- Making the video element responsive
- Building controls
- Setting up an AngularJS controller
- Binding properties
- Customizing the playback controls and time display
- Enabling full-screen playback and playlist support
- Using AngularJS directives and filters
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Mobile App with AngularJS 1 and Ionicwith Ray Villalobos3h 31m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. HTML Video Playback
3. AngularJS Integration
4. Playback Customization with AngularJS
5. Advanced Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.