Reynald will go over the features of the sample app you will create. This movie database app returns records of movies from a database, and hides/display posters. It will have ratings that are mentioned when clicked. It’ll have a search function that display two-way binding and a detail page. While it all looks simple, there’s a lot going on behind the scenes.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] So I mentioned earlier that we're going…to be building a small sample application,…and I'm a big fan of movies.…And I've often gone to the movie site IMDB,…so I want to create a miniature version of it…by creating an application that returns records…of movies that'll display the star of it,…the date that it's available, the cost, and some reviews.…And this was built with Angular in the dot net environment,…and uses some of its core features, such as…the reviews here use some of its components,…in addition to using some of its directives…for features such as hiding and showing the movie posters.…
Also routing is used to navigate from this main page…to its detail page, such as clicking on Titanic,…which will bring in some details for this movie.…And lastly, there's a search feature,…which uses Angular's two-way data binding feature.…If I wanted to just type in Titanic, I could just…type in t-i, and it narrows it down to all movies…that start with t-i.…So we're gonna go ahead and build this, step-by-step,…
- Creating components
- Bootstrapping components
- Working with templates
- Using directives and interpolation
- Binding and transforming data
- Creating advanced and nested components
- Creating services
- Obtaining data with HTTP calls
- Configuring routes
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Course Overview
3. Directives, Interpolation, and Templates
5. Advanced Components
7. Obtaining Data with HTTP
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.