Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video Routing, part of Angular 2 Essential Training.
- Client side web applications…can take on many shapes,…from small widgets, to interactive forms,…to full-blown multi tool experiences.…When you start needing to build a client side solution…that supports tool navigation,…like, say, a customer management system…that allows a user to view, edit, and create customers,…and the same for orders,…you need some sort of routing solution.…A server delivered solution…allows you to handle routing…based on unique URL requests to the server.…
But on the client side,…you wanna be able to not send URL requests…to the server,…and instead handle them in the client,…adjusting the UI, and the data display accordingly.…Angular provides a router module out of the box…for doing just that.…It supports configuring route pass to components,…route params, so you can have variables in the URL,…a directive for working with links that do routing,…a directive for specifying…where in a template the routed component will display,…creating child routes,…and routing lifecycle hooks…for responding to routing events.…
Justin Schwartzenberger steps through the framework one feature at a time, focusing on the new component-based architecture of Angular 2. You'll learn what Angular is and what it can do, as Justin builds a full-featured web app from start to finish. After mastering the essentials, you can tackle the other project-based courses in our library and create your own Angular app.
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Binding events and properties
- Getting data to components
- Using directives and pipes
- Creating Angular forms
- Validating form data
- Understanding dependency injection
- Providing services
- Making HTTP calls
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Router links2m 36s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.