Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video Routing, part of Angular 2 Essential Training (2016).
- Client-side web applications can take on many shapes.…From small widgets to interactive forms,…to full-blown multi-tool experiences.…When you start needing to build a client-side solution…that supports tool navigation,…like, say, a customer management system…that allows a user to view, edit, and create customers,…and the same for orders,…you need some sort of routing solution.…A server-delivered solution allows you to handle routing…based on unique URL requests to the server.…
But on the client side, you want to be able to…not send URL requests to the server,…and instead, handle them in the client,…adjusting the UI and the data displayed, accordingly.…Angular provides a router module out of the box…for doing just that.…It supports, configuring a route pass to components,…routeParams, so you can add variables in the URL,…a directive for working with links that do routing,…a directive for specifying where in a template…the routed component will display,…creating child routes,…and routing lifecycle hooks…for responding to routing events.…
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Displaying data
- Working with events
- Using two-way data binding
- Creating a subcomponent
- Using the built-in HTTP module
- Using the built-in router module
Skill Level Intermediate
AngularJS and WordPress: Building a Single-Page Applicationwith Roy Sivan31m 52s Intermediate
Building a Mobile App with AngularJS 1 and Ionicwith Ray Villalobos3h 31m Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.