Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video Router outlets, part of Angular 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] So the application…now has some routes configured…to some components.…But where are those components…going to get rendered at when the routes are matched?…Well, the angular router module…has a router outlet directive for just that.…Router outlet is a structural directive.…It targets an element with the name router-outlet.…So in the app.component.html file,…we can add a router-outlet element…where we want the component to be loaded at.…So let's replace the mw-media-item-form…and mw-media-item-list elements…with a router-outlet element.…
The router will change the component at this spot,…based on the route match.…Let's switch over to the browser to see this in action.…We can see the list of all media items showing up.…This is the default route matching…and causing the media item list component to be loaded.…And if we inspect the DOM,…we can see the router outlet element…with the mw-media-item-list element…loaded as a sibling to it.…Notice in the address bar,…the URL has the all segment in it.…
That's because the default route…
Justin Schwartzenberger steps through the framework one feature at a time, focusing on the new component-based architecture of Angular 2. You'll learn what Angular is and what it can do, as Justin builds a full-featured web app from start to finish. After mastering the essentials, you can tackle the other project-based courses in our library and create your own Angular app.
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Binding events and properties
- Getting data to components
- Using directives and pipes
- Creating Angular forms
- Validating form data
- Understanding dependency injection
- Providing services
- Making HTTP calls
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Router links2m 36s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.