Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video Router links, part of Angular 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Angular has a directive named…router link that handles changing behavior…of HTML links to work with the router engine.…You can use router link to create navigation…in your apps that use routing.…Let's wire up some navigation in this app.…The app component HTML has already been updated…in the project code for this chapter…to include the markup for the main navigation,…so we can focus on how to use the router link.…The first A tag in the nav…is the link to view all media items.…The router link directive has a selector value…of router link.…
So we can add a router link attribute to this element.…Then we can set this equal to a string value,…which will be the URL segment we wanna route to.…To view all items, we can give this a forward slash…to indicate we wanna go to the base URL.…Remember that we have a default route…to handle that very scenario.…The second A tag is for the list filtered…by the medium of movies.…For this one, we add the router link attribute,…and set it equal to forward slash movies.…
Justin Schwartzenberger steps through the framework one feature at a time, focusing on the new component-based architecture of Angular 2. You'll learn what Angular is and what it can do, as Justin builds a full-featured web app from start to finish. After mastering the essentials, you can tackle the other project-based courses in our library and create your own Angular app.
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Binding events and properties
- Getting data to components
- Using directives and pipes
- Creating Angular forms
- Validating form data
- Understanding dependency injection
- Providing services
- Making HTTP calls
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Router links2m 36s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.