Find out how to delete optional route parameters from the URL of your Angular 2 application based on input from your users.
- [Instructor] Let's add functionality…in our user-list.component…that removes all the option to route parameters…whenever the Clear button is clicked in our UI.…Option to route parameters are removed…by resetting the path array of the navigate method…on our instance of the router class.…To do this, in our onClear method, we create a new line…and reference the this.router.navigate method.…The navigate method will take one argument,…an array of path variables.…
In our case, there's just one, this.path.…Back in our browser, if we add a filter…and then click the Clear button, the filter is removed…and the URL resets to just the current path.…
- Overview of data storage options
- Saving and retrieving data from the browser
- Setting routes in the URL
- Using query strings and fragments instead of routes
- Saving and retrieving data from a server
- Working with user input
- Using JSONP instead of HTTP
- Why writing custom services is important
- Writing custom services for working with browsers and servers
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Application overview1m 39s
2. Data Storage Options
3. Storing Data in the Browser
4. Storing Data on a Server
5. Writing Custom Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.