Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video Registering routing in the app module, part of Angular 2 Essential Training.
- With the list of app routes created in the…app.routing.ts file,…the next step is to let the app module know about them.…You may have noticed we have not added a router module…to the app module up to this point,…which is different from, say, the forms module,…and http module.…That's because a router module is designed to be used…to set up multiple route configurations.…It has a static class method available…called forRoot that returns an object of type…module with providers.…
This object contains exportive directives and providers…as well as a configured router,…and is intended for the appRoute module.…The router module is located in the…angular/router scope package.…so we can add RouterModule…to the list of imports at the top.…And then below the app routes, we can add an export…of a variable named routing.…And set that equal to a call to RouterModule.forRoot.…
forRoot expects an array of route objects.…So we pass that the appRoutes variable.…The forRoot method will take these routes…and set up the router for us,…
Justin Schwartzenberger steps through the framework one feature at a time, focusing on the new component-based architecture of Angular 2. You'll learn what Angular is and what it can do, as Justin builds a full-featured web app from start to finish. After mastering the essentials, you can tackle the other project-based courses in our library and create your own Angular app.
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Binding events and properties
- Getting data to components
- Using directives and pipes
- Creating Angular forms
- Validating form data
- Understanding dependency injection
- Providing services
- Making HTTP calls
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Router links2m 36s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.