Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video Provider registration at Bootstrap, part of Angular 2 Essential Training (2016).
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Code Practice
- [Voiceover] When it comes to dependency…injection in Angular,…it's worthwhile to remember…that Angular runs the component tree.…It starts with the Bootstrap function call,…which wires up the process to a parent component…and flows down the tree from there.…When it cames to providers,…Angular will make them available…from the component level they are registered,…and down the tree.…So when we set up the media items service…in the providers metadata property in the list component,…it becomes available to that component,…and any children components,…used in this view template down.…So if you register a provider in the Bootstrap function,…which targets the top component…in the component tree,…it becomes available throughout…the entire app component tree.…
Let's start with moving the provider registration…of the media item service…up to the Bootstrap level.…So all the components use a single instance of it.…In the main.ts file,…we add the import statement…for the service.…Then we add a second parameter…to the Bootstrap function call.…
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Displaying data
- Working with events
- Using two-way data binding
- Creating a subcomponent
- Using the built-in HTTP module
- Using the built-in router module
Skill Level Intermediate
AngularJS and WordPress: Building a Single-Page Applicationwith Roy Sivan31m 52s Intermediate
Building a Mobile App with AngularJS 1 and Ionicwith Ray Villalobos3h 31m Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.