Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video NgModule and the root module, part of Angular 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Angular leverages decorators…to help configure ES2015 classes.…A decorator is an expression that evaluates…to a function that makes it possible…to annotate and modify classes at design time.…Angular has a bunch of decorators…that it provides in the framework.…Typescript provides support for decorators…through it's transpiler.…The syntax for using a decorator…is the at symbol, followed by the decorator name,…and then a pair of parentheses.…What you put in the parentheses depends upon the decorator.…An Angular application starts with an Angular module.…
Angular modules help to keep application code organized…by blocks of functionality and features.…A root module acts as a starting point module…for an Angular application.…We will begin by creating the root module class…in a file named app.module.ts…that is in the app folder for the project.…We need to use a decorator to annotate that class…so Angular will know it's an Angular module.…To inform Angular that the class code here…is intended to be an Angular module,…
Justin Schwartzenberger steps through the framework one feature at a time, focusing on the new component-based architecture of Angular 2. You'll learn what Angular is and what it can do, as Justin builds a full-featured web app from start to finish. After mastering the essentials, you can tackle the other project-based courses in our library and create your own Angular app.
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Binding events and properties
- Getting data to components
- Using directives and pipes
- Creating Angular forms
- Validating form data
- Understanding dependency injection
- Providing services
- Making HTTP calls
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Router links2m 36s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.