Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video Model-driven forms, part of Angular 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] The model driven approach…is another way to handle building forms in Angular.…It has a lot of similarities…to the template driven approach.…But the big difference…is the form is built in the component class.…That allows you to have a contract…that your form needs to adhere to;…the ability to set up validation rules;…subscribe to field value changes,…and ultimately, unit test your form logic…without any UI layer.…So template driven gives you an easy way…to get up and running.…Whereas model driven allows you to take your forms…wherever they need to go.…
Let's refactor the media item form to be model driven.…So, model driven forms are built using…the ReactiveFormsModule, instead of the FormsModule.…We need to update the app module…to import that and use it instead of the FormsModule.…Now, just so you know,…it is possible to import both of these together…in the case where your module is making use…of both template and model driven or reactive forms.…Okay, over in the media item form component ts file,…
Justin Schwartzenberger steps through the framework one feature at a time, focusing on the new component-based architecture of Angular 2. You'll learn what Angular is and what it can do, as Justin builds a full-featured web app from start to finish. After mastering the essentials, you can tackle the other project-based courses in our library and create your own Angular app.
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Binding events and properties
- Getting data to components
- Using directives and pipes
- Creating Angular forms
- Validating form data
- Understanding dependency injection
- Providing services
- Making HTTP calls
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Router links2m 36s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.