- The WordPress REST API makes creating client-side applications with WordPress a lot easier. The project started in 2013 by Ryan McCue. Ryan created a plugin that allowed you to interact with the data from a WordPress website using nothing but JSON. It became a Google Summer of Code project, a feature plugin, which would be integrated into WordPress core. It creates RESTful routes, which you can use to view, create, edit, and delete data. It allows you to make your data available to other websites, or even phone applications. It's fully extendable, so you can create your own custom routes, or modify existing returning JSON objects.
In this course, Roy Sivan shows how to build a single-page web app with WordPress, AngularJS, and the WordPress REST API plugin. Roy also reviews creating controllers and routes to get a basic understanding of building a multiview single-page app. Plus, get some tips to transition your single-page app to a native mobile app with AppPresser.
- Setting up WordPress
- Creating the AngularJS components, including the controller and route
- Connecting WordPress and AngularJS
- Connecting views
- Adding and displaying custom data
- Using a plugin to show advanced custom field (ACF) data on the template