Ionic relies on several outside technologies to build AngularJS mobile apps. As a result, it can be a challenge to get everything working in concert. A local development environment creates a stable working area. This video tutorial will help you set up your local development environment on a Mac by installing Node.js, as well as the command line interface tools you need to create mobile apps more efficiently.
- In order to create mobile applications,…Ionic depends on a number of other technologies,…so getting everything to work…is a little bit trickier than usual.…Now there's a couple of ways…that you can set up the Ionic environment.…You can set it up to run your apps…in a local development environment,…or set up virtual emulators to run your applications.…In this course,…I'm gonna focus on the development environments.…So I'll show you how to set that up here.…Now in this video I'll show you how to do things on a Mac.…For PC installation instructions,…make sure you take a look at the next video.…
Now the first thing we need to do is install Node.js.…That's the dependency for Ionic.…So go to the Node.js website…and then click on the Install button.…It'll download a copy of Node.js.…And just go through the default installation.…Now it's a good idea to install Git…and Ionic uses Git for handling plugins…and other resources that are stored as GitHub projects.…So you're also gonna need to install Git.…So to do that just go to the Git website,…
- Installing the development environment on Mac or PC
- Understanding the Ionic templates and CSS components
- Adding IonicIcons to a layout
- Adding tabs, cards, and lists
- Using form elements
- Building a single view app
- Implementing Pull to Refresh
- Creating a multi-tab app
- Styling the applications
- Deploying applications
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Ionic CSS Components
3. Building a Single-View App
4. Creating a Multi-Tab Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.