Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video The Inject decorator, part of Angular Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Constructor injection of class types…can be done with a bit of type script and that's it.…To get value types injected into constructors,…Angular needs a bit more help.…Let's create a value provider for our app…to store some look-up lists…and provide them that boot strap.…In the app.module.ts file,…we can add a local variable named lookupLists…and set it to an object literal,…with a property for mediums.…
To add the value to the providers, we need to add it…to the list of providers in the module metadata.…But to do that for a value provider, we need to use…a different syntax to add it to the provider's array.…We could add a provider object literal…as an array entry here.…The provider object literal needs a property named provide…that gets set to either a type or a string literal.…For our look-up list, we can set it to a string literal…of lookupListToken.…
And then it needs the value to use.…We can make use of another property named useValue…and set that to the lookupLists we created above.…Okay, let's go over what you need to do…
Justin Schwartzenberger steps through the framework one feature at a time, focusing on the component-based architecture of Angular. Learn what Angular is and what it can do, as Justin builds a full-featured web app from start to finish. After mastering the essentials, you can tackle the other project-based courses in our library and create your own Angular app.
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Binding events and properties
- Getting data to components
- Using directives and pipes
- Creating Angular forms
- Validating form data
- Understanding dependency injection
- Providing services
- Making HTTP calls
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 03/01/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: directives and pipes, forms, dependency injection and services, HTTP, and routing.
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Router links2m 36s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.