Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video How Angular does dependency injection, part of Angular 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Angular has Dependency Injection support…baked into the framework.…It's a big part of what it allows you…to create these components, directives,…and more in a modular fashion…where they don't have to have knowledge…of one another to coexist.…With Dependency Injection,…the framework is handling creating instances of things…and injecting them into places where they are needed.…In Angular, this is handled in two steps.…The first is service registration…in which you provide Angular with a list of things…you want it to know about that can be injected.…
The second is the retrieval of those things…which can be done with constructor injection…either by leveraging TypeScript type annotations…or by using the Angular Inject decorator.…Angular also provides access to the injector itself…for cases where you want to locate a service specifically,…but this is typically not needed.…The majority of application architecting can be accomplished…by leveraging constructor injection.…So step one is to tell Angular,…"Hey, I have this class or this value…
Justin Schwartzenberger steps through the framework one feature at a time, focusing on the new component-based architecture of Angular 2. You'll learn what Angular is and what it can do, as Justin builds a full-featured web app from start to finish. After mastering the essentials, you can tackle the other project-based courses in our library and create your own Angular app.
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Binding events and properties
- Getting data to components
- Using directives and pipes
- Creating Angular forms
- Validating form data
- Understanding dependency injection
- Providing services
- Making HTTP calls
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Router links2m 36s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.