It's simple to create search functionality in your mobile app using AngularJS. The program uses Two-Way Data Binding, which links your data, views, models, and template together. They all operate in relation to each other, so when one is changed, every other one changes at the same time. This video tutorial will help you understand Two-Way Data Binding to build a search feature in your AngularJS mobile app and allow it to filter searches.
- Our good app is looking pretty good,…but obviously this search right here isn't working.…So, Angular makes it easy to make something like search work…with it's ability to create something called…Two-way Data Binding.…In addition to that, you can easily…add features like filtering.…So, let's take a look.…Now the key to makin' this work…is called Two-way Data Binding.…And that means that your models,…which are your data and your views,…which are your template,…are linked together so that when one changes…the other one is gonna change as well.…
So, to create a search all I have to do…is find the input field right here and add a directive,…and this one is called ng-model.…And this is a directive that belongs…to input fields in Angular.…And this directive is going to…create a model in the current scope,…that really just means a variable.…So, I'm going to type in the word "query" here,…So, now that I've done this that means…that we have a new variable in our scope called query.…And that variable right now is tied to our input field.…
- Installing the development environment on Mac or PC
- Understanding the Ionic templates and CSS components
- Adding IonicIcons to a layout
- Adding tabs, cards, and lists
- Using form elements
- Building a single view app
- Implementing Pull to Refresh
- Creating a multi-tab app
- Styling the applications
- Deploying applications
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Ionic CSS Components
3. Building a Single-View App
4. Creating a Multi-Tab Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.