Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video Event binding, part of Angular 2 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Code Practice
- [Instructor] The event binding templates syntax in Angular…allows you to easily wire up event handlers…from within your component templates.…You can wire up native DOM element events,…as well as custom events you create…for your components to emit.…Let's take a look at how you wire up to native events.…Our media-item.component.html has a delete link.…Let's add some click functionality to that.…Where property binding makes use of the square brackets,…event binding makes use of the parenthesis.…
So on the <a> tag element for the delete,…we can add the event named click,…wrapped with parenthesis,…and set it equal to a statement in quotes…that will be evaluated.…Let's bind this to a function call onDelete.…Notice that we use the term click here…and not onClick.…Angular has a pattern for native DOM elements…where it is looking for the event name…without the "on".…
So any native DOM event…that is named "onX",…you would bind to it by leaving the "on" prefix off.…Angular is expecting the onDelete method…to be available in the execution context.…
Justin Schwartzenberger steps through the framework one feature at a time, focusing on the new component-based architecture of Angular 2. You'll learn what Angular is and what it can do, as Justin builds a full-featured web app from start to finish. After mastering the essentials, you can tackle the other project-based courses in our library and create your own Angular app.
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Binding events and properties
- Getting data to components
- Using directives and pipes
- Creating Angular forms
- Validating form data
- Understanding dependency injection
- Providing services
- Making HTTP calls
Skill Level Intermediate
AngularJS and WordPress: Building a Single-Page Applicationwith Roy Sivan31m 52s Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Router links2m 36s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.