Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video Error handling, part of Angular 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at…how you can use the Angular form system…to provide some error feedback in the UI.…The media item form has the required…pattern and year validators.…We can use the errors property…off of the parts of the form…to show some text messages for those fields.…Now Angular will add an errors property…to the form control, form group,…or form array objects when they're invalid.…And since we are doing the model driven…or reactive approach here…we have a component property named form…that has our form recreated to represent the form.…
The formGroup object has a property named controls…that contains a list of the different…child controls it has.…We can get to the named controls we created…off of that object.…So in the media-item-form-component.html file…let's add a div with an ngIf directive…setting the statement to…form.controls.name.errors…and we'll display some error text.…We can also add a CSS class named error,…which the form.css file in the project for this lesson…already has some stylings for.…
Justin Schwartzenberger steps through the framework one feature at a time, focusing on the new component-based architecture of Angular 2. You'll learn what Angular is and what it can do, as Justin builds a full-featured web app from start to finish. After mastering the essentials, you can tackle the other project-based courses in our library and create your own Angular app.
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Binding events and properties
- Getting data to components
- Using directives and pipes
- Creating Angular forms
- Validating form data
- Understanding dependency injection
- Providing services
- Making HTTP calls
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Router links2m 36s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.