Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video Directives and pipes, part of Angular 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] In Angular, a component…is actually a directive with a template.…Directives provide functionality and can transform the DOM.…There are two types of directives:…structural and attribute.…Structural directives modify layout…by altering elements in the DOM.…Attribute directives change the behavior or appearance…of an existing DOM element.…Since directives do not have a template,…they are something you can create with the intent…of applying them to an existing element,…or in some cases a template element…to change that element in some way.…
Like a component, a directive gets configured…with a selector that Angular will use…to find a match and apply the directive.…You apply a directive in different ways.…You can write an attribute on an element…that matches your selector.…Or you can use the template syntax to add a directive…in an assignment statement.…In addition to creating your own directives,…Angular comes with a number of directives out of the box…to handle common web app constructs,…like conditionally rendering elements…
Justin Schwartzenberger steps through the framework one feature at a time, focusing on the new component-based architecture of Angular 2. You'll learn what Angular is and what it can do, as Justin builds a full-featured web app from start to finish. After mastering the essentials, you can tackle the other project-based courses in our library and create your own Angular app.
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Binding events and properties
- Getting data to components
- Using directives and pipes
- Creating Angular forms
- Validating form data
- Understanding dependency injection
- Providing services
- Making HTTP calls
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Router links2m 36s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.