Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video Dependency injection, part of Angular 2 Essential Training.
- At the heart of Angular,…and one of its most powerful features as a framework,…is how it brings dependency injection to JavaSript.…Dependency injection, or DI for short,…is the concept of inversion of control, or IOC for short,…where you architect code in a way that you provide modules…with other modules it needs to get some work done…instead of having your modules go out…and get other modules on their own.…DI allows you to write decoupled code…that is easier to unit test and to work with.…
In the Angular world,…this allows you to write these modular components…and even services within your applications…and simply tell Angular what you want to use…and where want to use them.…Angular will handle constructing instances of those…and sending them to your code where needed.…The most common place you use DI…is in your class constructors.…So constructors for components,…directives, pipes, and services you write…can leverage the way Angular does DI.…You can simply declare types on your constructor parameters…with some help from TypeScript,…
Justin Schwartzenberger steps through the framework one feature at a time, focusing on the new component-based architecture of Angular 2. You'll learn what Angular is and what it can do, as Justin builds a full-featured web app from start to finish. After mastering the essentials, you can tackle the other project-based courses in our library and create your own Angular app.
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Binding events and properties
- Getting data to components
- Using directives and pipes
- Creating Angular forms
- Validating form data
- Understanding dependency injection
- Providing services
- Making HTTP calls
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Router links2m 36s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.