Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video Data binding, part of Angular 2 Essential Training.
- The Angular framework is much more…than just an engine for rendering…markup templates through components.…One of its strengths is the ease…of binding data to views,…and working with data in those views.…The most common way of displaying data…in a view template is via interpolation,…where you use a set of curly braces…around a component property…to tell Angular to render the content of that property.…You can also use directives,…both built-in Angular framework ones,…and ones you create to help display data.…
Directives give you the power Client side…to add logic to your views…similar to how you would on the Server side.…The template syntax in Angular is pretty robust,…and allows you to accomplish a lot of things…when it comes to working with data in your views.…You can wire up click events to DOM elements…that modify data that you've displayed elsewhere,…and Angular will handle the update of that data visually.…There are many elements to the template syntax.…In addition to interpolation and built-in directives,…
Justin Schwartzenberger steps through the framework one feature at a time, focusing on the new component-based architecture of Angular 2. You'll learn what Angular is and what it can do, as Justin builds a full-featured web app from start to finish. After mastering the essentials, you can tackle the other project-based courses in our library and create your own Angular app.
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Binding events and properties
- Getting data to components
- Using directives and pipes
- Creating Angular forms
- Validating form data
- Understanding dependency injection
- Providing services
- Making HTTP calls
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Router links2m 36s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.