Creating a sub-page or sub-template is a helpful way to show more details for a user. In this training video, learn how to build a sub-page with Ionic and AngularJS by going into your app.js file and creating a new state for this new page. The process involves copying a child of tabs.list, pasting it, and calling it tabs.detail.
- Right now we can only see…part of the information for a person.…It would be nice to be able to go to a page…with more details for each user.…Essentially this will be a sub-template or a subpage,…so we need to go into our app.js file…and create a new state for this new page.…Since it's going to be a child of tabs.list,…we're going to copy that one and just paste it again.…This one's going to be called tabs.detail…and the url for it is just going to be List…and then after that,…we're going to need to pass it information…about the user that we have clicked on.…
This is going to pass along a variable…in this temporary variable called aId.…It's going to be passed through the route.…That means that at the end of this list on the right,…we're going to get a slash and then an Id…of the person that we've clicked on.…The next thing would be the views over here.…Because this is going to be a child of this other template,…both of these are going to have the same view name.…They're essentially going to be part…of this Artists' tab right here.…
- Installing the development environment on Mac or PC
- Understanding the Ionic templates and CSS components
- Adding IonicIcons to a layout
- Adding tabs, cards, and lists
- Using form elements
- Building a single view app
- Implementing Pull to Refresh
- Creating a multi-tab app
- Styling the applications
- Deploying applications
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Using Ionic CSS Components
3. Building a Single-View App
4. Creating a Multi-Tab Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.