Join Ray Villalobos for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating our details template, part of Learning AngularJS 1.
- Now that we've set up the routing features…plus the controllers for our details view,…it's time to set up the template.…It's going to be pretty much like what we did…when we set up the list html partial.…And to review, we've got this controller right here…called Details Controller, that is being called from app.js…And in app.js we are specifying…that when somebody goes to this route,…they're also going to pass along an item ID,…which will reference the item…in our data.jason file, so these are going to have IDs…assigned to them.…
The IDs get passed when somebody clicks…on one of these elements,…when you roll over these on the bottom left,…you can see that the ID appears right there.…And so when that ID gets passed through the route,…it's going to reference some of the data here,…on our data.jason file.…And those two things, the data as well as the item,…are going to get passed into local variables called artists,…as well as which Item,…please note that there's a capital i right here.…
So what we're going to do is create another partial,…
- What is AngularJS?
- Working with complex models
- Using a the $http service to read a JSON file
- Binding data
- Dividing your app into partials
- Creating a details template
- Using AngularJS animation events
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/11/2015. What changed?
A: We updated two movies ("Creating our details template" and "Adding navigation to our details page") to reflect changes to AngularJS 1.4.8 and the 1.5 beta.