Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video Course overview, part of Angular 2 Essential Training.
- We'll go over the Angular framework architecture, and get an understanding of the lay of the land. This will be a high level overview of the parts that you used to write applications in Angular, as well as concepts and approaches that the framework applies that you need to understand. With that in the books, we will turn our attention to writing code the rest of the way. We will be building a media watchlist application throughout the rest of the course, and along the way you will learn how to leverage all the core mechanics of the Angular framework to do so.
This media watchlist app will allow users to add media items to watch, see their list, and focus it down to just movies or series, and delete media items from their list. The app will have a single screen experience, and will swap out views for lists, and the media item forum. It will be a client side app, with no server requests after the first load. By the end of this course, you will have learned enough of the Angular essentials to be able to build out a functional web application.
Justin Schwartzenberger steps through the framework one feature at a time, focusing on the new component-based architecture of Angular 2. You'll learn what Angular is and what it can do, as Justin builds a full-featured web app from start to finish. After mastering the essentials, you can tackle the other project-based courses in our library and create your own Angular app.
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Binding events and properties
- Getting data to components
- Using directives and pipes
- Creating Angular forms
- Validating form data
- Understanding dependency injection
- Providing services
- Making HTTP calls
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Router links2m 36s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.