In this video, we see how two steps are need to get started. 1. We need to tell Angular 2 to load our root component via bootstrapping. 2. And we need to set up the index.html file to host our app. Most Angular 2 apps have an index.html that is the main page for the app. Hence the name SPA. To the user it looks like we have several pages but behind the scene, we swap bits of HTML.
- [Instructor] Before we run our first component,…we need to make sure that our application is bootstrapped.…And bootstrapping is just a way of structuring your project…so that it knows when it's run, what is the main…homepage to load up, and also…what are all the intricacies and steps that it needs to take…on the back end to make sure that the application runs…the way that it's supposed to be.…And it's something that we just need to set up once,…and after that, as we build our application,…we don't really need to go in and…mess around with the way that it's bootstrapped again.…
The first thing that I wanna show you is that…our selector, my-app, is the name of our component,…and the index page, under Views,…Home,…you'll see within the body tag, we have, let's do this.…Let's go ahead and change this to referencing…the selector, my-app.…And the term Loading here, is what will show…while our app is loading.…We could actually type in anything here,…but I choose to write loading.…
And we don't even need to put anything at all,…
- Creating components
- Bootstrapping components
- Working with templates
- Using directives and interpolation
- Binding and transforming data
- Creating advanced and nested components
- Creating services
- Obtaining data with HTTP calls
- Configuring routes
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Course Overview
3. Directives, Interpolation, and Templates
5. Advanced Components
7. Obtaining Data with HTTP
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.