Join Joseph Labrecque for an in-depth discussion in this video Building simple controls, part of Building Custom HTML5 Video Playback with AngularJS 1.
- While the HTML5 video element…does include the ability to set controls on or off,…that is as far as built-in customization goes.…Also, each browser renders these controls…in their own way, with completely different…visual styles.…Let's leverage Bootstrap to create…some simple and consistent button controls.…I'm going to just paste in a snippet of code here,…and format this properly so we can…go through it.…Basically what we're doing is creating…a div class here, which is a Bootstrap button group,…and it's of type btn-group-justified.…
This means it's going to take each…of these and justify them across the entire element.…The role here is group, which means…that there's a button group, and within here…is a set of anchor classes.…So for each of these, we have a class of button,…or btn, which is the default Bootstrap button class,…and for our styling, we apply btn-default.…Which again is the default button skinning used…via CSS for Bootstrap buttons.…
Here we have three buttons, one is play,…one is pause, and the other is stop.…
- Setting up
- Creating a video element
- Making the video element responsive
- Building controls
- Setting up an AngularJS controller
- Binding properties
- Customizing the playback controls and time display
- Enabling full-screen playback and playlist support
- Using AngularJS directives and filters
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with AngularJS 1with Ray Villalobos1h 20m Intermediate
Building a Mobile App with AngularJS 1 and Ionicwith Ray Villalobos3h 31m Intermediate
1. Setting Up the Project
2. HTML Video Playback
3. AngularJS Integration
4. Playback Customization with AngularJS
5. Advanced Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.