An overview of the various binding is given. They include property binding for updates, event binding to invoke operation, two-way binding to update property both ways, and transforming data to format data. We prepare to have the first cut of our movie list component and make it interactive with data binding.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Instructor] In Angular,…there's various ways to conduct binding.…There's property binding, where it updates a property.…Such as, the name of an image…that will be assigned to a particular variable.…There's event binding, that's used to invoke an operation.…Such as, click events.…There's two-way bindings,…which you can use to update properties both ways.…Such as, having a text box that you might type a word…in there, and then, that same word appears on a label.…And then, there's also binding…that can happen through transforming data.…
Such as, formatting numbers to dollar figures.…So for example, in our finished product,…these images here are using property binding,…in order to navigate to the exact location of the image.…Event binding is used by hiding and showing…the poster element, it's a click event.…There's also two-way binding, such as when we're entering…the name of a movie in our filter.…As we type, it appears here in this label,…next to searching.…
And, there's also transforming of data…that occurs on the second and third column.…
- Creating components
- Bootstrapping components
- Working with templates
- Using directives and interpolation
- Binding and transforming data
- Creating advanced and nested components
- Creating services
- Obtaining data with HTTP calls
- Configuring routes
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Course Overview
3. Directives, Interpolation, and Templates
5. Advanced Components
7. Obtaining Data with HTTP
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.