Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video Attribute directives—built in, part of Angular 2 Essential Training (2016).
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Code Practice
- [Voiceover] Attribute directives are designed…to change the appearance or behavior…of the DOM elements that they are attached to.…They do not create or remove DOM elements,…like structural directives.…Let's take a look at how you can use…a built-in attribute directive.…In the media-item-list.component.html file,…we will make use of the ng class attribute directive…to get some CSS classes onto the media-item elements…based on the media-item medium type.…So on the media-item element,…we use the directive property template syntax,…using the brackets around the term ngClass,…and set that equal to a statement.…
The ngClass directive expects an object structure…for its statement value.…With the CSS classes for the property names,…and a true/false for the values.…In our case, we want to have two CSS classes.…One named medium-movies,…and one named medium-series.…Since the dash in not valid in an object property,…we need to use single quotes around the term.…If the CSS class did not have a dash,…or some other special character…
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Displaying data
- Working with events
- Using two-way data binding
- Creating a subcomponent
- Using the built-in HTTP module
- Using the built-in router module
Skill Level Intermediate
AngularJS and WordPress: Building a Single-Page Applicationwith Roy Sivan31m 52s Intermediate
Building a Mobile App with AngularJS 1 and Ionicwith Ray Villalobos3h 31m Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.