Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video Angular pipes: built in, part of Angular 2 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Code Practice
- [Instructor] An angular pipe is a template expression…operator that does display value transformations.…They are designed to be used in interpolation syntax…and template statements within component template markup.…The general idea being that you use a pipe,…after your statement that you wish to transform,…and the pipe will run on that statement value…and return a final value that the template will display.…Angular has built in pipes and you can also…build your own pipes.…Like built in directives, built in pipes are natively…available to use in templates.…
The watch on property of a media item is being displayed…as a raw date value.…Let's see how we can use the angular date pipe…to format that for display.…In the media-item.component.html file we can use…the pipe template expression operator after…the mediaItem.watchedOn statement,…and follow the pipe with the term, date.…If we switch over to the browser we can see…the date value is now formatted.…So back in the media-item.component.html file…the value to the left of the pipe is the value to be…
Justin Schwartzenberger steps through the framework one feature at a time, focusing on the new component-based architecture of Angular 2. You'll learn what Angular is and what it can do, as Justin builds a full-featured web app from start to finish. After mastering the essentials, you can tackle the other project-based courses in our library and create your own Angular app.
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Binding events and properties
- Getting data to components
- Using directives and pipes
- Creating Angular forms
- Validating form data
- Understanding dependency injection
- Providing services
- Making HTTP calls
Skill Level Intermediate
AngularJS and WordPress: Building a Single-Page Applicationwith Roy Sivan31m 52s Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Router links2m 36s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.