Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video Angular forms, part of Angular 2 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Code Practice
- Web applications are usually doing one of two things:…either displaying data, or collecting it.…The way we collect data through web apps is the use…of forms, and more specifically, form elements.…When we build forms in web apps, we architect them…to do a common set of things:…for a way to collect data, for a way to know when user…changes data, for validating data, and for showing…errors to users.…Since forms are a common piece of web app development,…Angular has dedicated code in its framework…to help when working with forms.…
We've covered how you combine data to component template…views, and we've covered how you combine…to DOM events as well.…Angular forms builds upon that, and provides data binding…both in and out.…It also provides indicators out of the box for you to know…when form fields have changed from their original value,…and when they are invalid.…Angular forms provides built-in data validators,…and the ability to create your own.…Even async validators that can run validation…as the user changes input value.…
Justin Schwartzenberger steps through the framework one feature at a time, focusing on the new component-based architecture of Angular 2. You'll learn what Angular is and what it can do, as Justin builds a full-featured web app from start to finish. After mastering the essentials, you can tackle the other project-based courses in our library and create your own Angular app.
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Binding events and properties
- Getting data to components
- Using directives and pipes
- Creating Angular forms
- Validating form data
- Understanding dependency injection
- Providing services
- Making HTTP calls
Skill Level Intermediate
AngularJS and WordPress: Building a Single-Page Applicationwith Roy Sivan31m 52s Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Router links2m 36s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.