Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video About this course, part of Creating a Calculation Tool with AngularJS 1.
- We encounter calculation tools on the web all the time, and in this course, we'll be calculating the energy costs between various types of light bulbs. Now we'll be using a more simplified equation to determine the wattage usage for each bulb, that will more closely match information found on a variety of light bulb packaging. Our goal in this course is to create a calculation tool that will help people compare the energy usage and annual costs to operate each type of bulb. So while our calculations will not be as accurate as the full scientific equation for converting lumens to wattage, these values will work for everyday consumers looking to compare the efficacy between light bulbs.
So now that we know the goal of our calculator, next we'll talk about what's included in the exercise files.
Using these lessons, and the free exercise files, you can build any kind of calculation tool for your clients, from shipping cost to mortgage payment calculators.
- Creating the HTML page structure
- Hooking in CSS and AngularJS
- Adding form elements
- Styling the layout with CSS
- Adjusting the layout for small (mobile) screens
- Defining the AngularJS application and controller
- Calculating usage and cost