Join Chris Converse for an in-depth discussion in this video About this course, part of Creating a Quiz with AngularJS 1.
- Before we start building our project I want to talk a little bit about what this course is for. We're going to be building an interactive and engaging user experience around this quiz. And this would be a great project to help you build brand awareness on your website help people to share knowledge engage users about a specific topic or to even help you create more interactive and engaging techniques for any interactive project. Now, since we are going to be building a quiz and we are going to load dynamic data and keep scoring information for people this course is not specifically built for secure testing environments or for accreditations or for any case where you absolutely have to know if the user knows the material.
And I bring this up specifically because we're going to be including the correct answer to our quiz in the JSON file. Now this doesn't mean that you can't use these same interactive techniques in an online or professional learning environment to create quizzes for your students. You would just need to take care that the JSON file that you load into the quiz doesn't contain the correct answers. You would want to modify this in such a way that once the user's answered questions you would then go back to your server to retrieve the correct answers. And while that level of complexity is certainly possible it does go beyond the scope of what we're going to be covering in this particular course.
And now that we know what the main focus of the course is, next we're going to talk about the software that you're going to need in order to complete the project.
- Preparing the base layout
- Styling the layout
- Adding content to the containers
- Preparing the AngularJS scripts and JSON data
- Setting up the progress bar
- Generating questions and answers
- Setting active answered states
- Calculating users results
- Making the quiz responsive