- Why Angular and WordPress?
- Setting up the Angular CLI and WordPress locally
- Creating services for modular code
- Creating app routes
- Creating Angular services and components
- Creating your search form
- Creating a new Angular app
- Extending with EZ Data
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Roy] Hi, my name is Roy Sivan, and welcome to my course on Angular and WordPress. I currently focus on solving business problems with web technologies for medium and enterprise level businesses. There are many great reasons to use Angular and WordPress, but primarily, it is easy to create an Angular application when you have the backend already kind of built out with something that is as popular and as easy to use as WordPress. Another great reason to create your application in this setup is you can use WordPress for your content, but still get data from other API sources and combine them together to create one cohesive application.
In this course, we'll take a look at the WordPress Rest API and Angular. I'll be primarily using the Angular CLI to showcase how easy it is to build applications using Angular. I'll show you how to use both to create an application and a WordPress theme, plugin, and a completely headless Angular application, which just feeds from the WordPress data. We'll start with the theme, creating views like a blog listing and blog detail, we'll then cover how to do the same thing for a micro application built into a WordPress plugin, finally, I'll cover how to go fully headless, with a simple app that displays data from our WordPress website.
Now let's get started with Angular and WordPress, with setting up your WordPress environment.
1. Angular WordPress Theme
2. Angular WordPress Plug-in
3. Headless WordPress App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.