Get started with Angular Material. Learn how to install this UI component framework and use layouts, components, and theming features.
- [Robby] My name is Robby Millsap, but you can call me Sap. And this course is an introduction to Angular Material. If you're watching this course, chances are, you already know why you like Angular and why it's one of the most popular frameworks for building apps on the desktop and mobile. So why do you need Material Design, or Angular Material, for that matter, and how does it compare to a CSS framework like Bootstrap, for instance? What does it mean to follow the Material specification? Does that mean all my apps are going to look like something built by Google? What components are available in Angular Material? How can I port my existing components over? Can I create themes for other developers on my team to use to keep a consistent look between pages? These are some of the questions we will tackle in this lean, two-hour course designed to turn you into an Angular Material pro.
In addition, we'll introduce you to the Material Design specification, walk you through installing Angular Material, and show you some of the goodies available to use right this second. So grab a coffee, pull up a chair, and let's have some fun as we take a tour of working with Angular Material.
- What is Material Design?
- Adding the required modules to your project
- Installing Angular Material
- Adding app bars and menus
- Creating cards
- Separating content using tabs
- Adding data tables