- [Ray] Hey there my name's is Ray Villalobos and I'm a senior staff instructor. In this short project-based course we're going to take a look at AngularJS, the original version number one of the amazing front-end developer framework. I'll start by discussing what AngularJS is and how it can help you build applications faster and more efficiently. We'll also talk about the differences between AngularJS and it's newer cousin Angular. I'll then show you how to divide your project into different modules and how to work with Angular services like http and route provider.
I'll also cover some advanced features of the framework like deep linking, working with route and templates. We're going to do this by creating a directory search application, a traditional project that you might add to one of your existing websites. There's a lot to learn but that's why you're here so let's get started.
In this short, practical course, Ray Villalobos uses AngularJS to build a searchable directory—a project you can use as the basis for your own employee or user directory. He explains the MVC architecture underlying AngularJS, and the differences you can expect to encounter in Angular 2. Then he shows how to control the display of DOM elements and data; use services like $http and $routeProvider; modify content with filters; add two-way data binding; and work with routes and templates. Start watching, and learn the simple way to build your own complex web application with AngularJS.
- What is AngularJS?
- Binding data
- Defining modules and controllers
- Using the $http service to read a JSON file
- Controlling app logic with conditionals and loops
- Filtering content and lists
- Deep linking