Explore scope and the digest cycle. This advanced course explores manual and automatic data binding approaches for AngularJS applications.
- [Iftach] Angular has become one of the most popular web frameworks today. While Angular versions 2 and 4 are picking up pace, the average pace from Angular 1 to those versions requires a lot of effort. Angular 1 has reached maturity, and with it comes a new set of difficult problems, complex bugs, design patterns, and performance issues. While there are many courses that teach how to build things from scratch, this course will cover subjects that senior developers in Angular should know.
Hi, my name is Iftach Bar, and I've been developing, consulting, and teaching Angular for about four years. In this course, I'll start by explaining the essential usages of scope and how scope inheritance works. Then I'll cover the different usages of $watch and how Angular uses it behind the scenes. We'll dive into the digest loop, how it operates in detail, how to integrate an external library into Angular, and I will finish off with some tips for debugging Angular applications.
I'm excited to show you the magic behind Angular. So, let's get started.
This advanced AngularJS course helps you explore the connected worlds of $scope and the digest cycle. Instructor Iftach Bar explains scope and inheritance, goes behind the scenes of the digest loop, and teaches both manual and automatic data binding approaches. Plus, learn how to integrate external libraries, diagnose performance issues, and debug your applications.
- $scope and controllers
- $scope built-in variables and methods
- $scope prototype inheritance
- Manual data binding with $scope.$watch
- The digest loop
- Get the $scope in the console
- Forcing $digest
Skill Level Advanced
AngularJS 1: Building a Data-Driven Appwith Ray Villalobos2h 15m Intermediate
1. Scope Basics
2. Manual Data Bindings
3. The Digest Loop
4. Tips for Debugging Angular in the Console
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.