Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the service in components, part of Angular 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Let's see how we can use…the mediaItemService from within a component.…Over in the mediaItem list component TS file,…we want to create the import statement for the service.…Then we need to create a constructor function…so we can have Angular do constructor injection.…We give that a private parameter named mediaItemService,…and set the type to mediaItemService.…
Then we can add an ngOnInit method…and set the mediaItem's property of the component class…equal to a call to this.mediaItemService.get.…And we can now delete the sample data from in here.…This component class has the onMediaItem delete function,…so we can fill out the body of that…with a call to this.mediaItemService.delete…and pass it in the mediaItem it receives.…
Finally, we can head over…to the mediaItem form component TS file,…import the service at the top,…then add it to the constructor parameters,…setting it as private,…just like we did in the listComponent.…And now we can use it in the onSubmit method…to add mediaItem through the add method of the service.…
Justin Schwartzenberger steps through the framework one feature at a time, focusing on the component-based architecture of Angular. Learn what Angular is and what it can do, as Justin builds a full-featured web app from start to finish. After mastering the essentials, you can tackle the other project-based courses in our library and create your own Angular app.
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Binding events and properties
- Getting data to components
- Using directives and pipes
- Creating Angular forms
- Validating form data
- Understanding dependency injection
- Providing services
- Making HTTP calls
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 03/01/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: directives and pipes, forms, dependency injection and services, HTTP, and routing.
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Router links2m 36s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.