Join Victor Mejia for an in-depth discussion in this video Using exercise files, part of Angular: API Communication and Authentication.
- When you download the exercise files you will see that the exercise files are broken down by chapter and by video. The starting point for this course is chapter one, and the folder is 01_04. You can simply drag the folder and drop it onto the VS Code icon and open your project. The exercise folder contains a code files at the start state and end state for each video. If at any point you wish to jump into a specific video's exercise files, be sure to run NPM Install to install your dependencies.
Here in Visual Studio Code, I can open up my terminal using control, backtick. And run NPM Install. You'll also need to create a new file called dot ENV grab the contents from ENV.Sample and paste them here. DB_CONN will contain the MongoDB URI connection which will be available once you set up your MongoLab account. The JWT secret environment variable will be updated later in the course.
Please note that not every video will have exercise files.
- Setting up and seeding your database
- Using HTTP requests and routing in Angular
- Creating an Angular service
- Adding JWT authentication
- Implementing a user login
- Sending JWTs to API requests