Now that you have a method for indexing your data, it's time to finish out the application by writing the code that edits your records in this video.
- [Instructor] Our application's looking pretty good…and there is just one more thing left to do,…and that is to go ahead and actually make these changes…when we modify them, not just in the text,…but also in the original record.…So this is pretty much a perfect review…of everything we've done so far.…We'll get started by going to this list component here,…and the first thing we're going to do…is add some different events…that will send along some information…about what we want to change.…
So we'll start with a pet-name,…and right here, when we say contenteditable="true",…we're going to add a reference,…so it starts with a #,…and then we'll say petName is going to be our reference,…and it will check for an event which will be a blur event.…The blur event is when you make a modification…on one of these text items.…And then, we're going to create a method called handleUpdate,…and I'm going to pass it along, the current item,…as well as the string petName,…and also the text of petName…innerText, so this petName right here,…
- Building custom Angular projects
- Working with subcomponents
- Adding icons
- Adding search functionality
- Using lifecycle methods
- Managing list data
- Indexing your data
- Updating records
Skill Level Intermediate
Using the exercise files1m 43s
1. Building Custom Angular Projects
2. Working with Subcomponents
3. Creating More Subcomponents
Managing form submission8m 33s
4. Managing List Data
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.