In this video, explore using Angular lifecycle methods to execute GET requests on external JSON data that builds the state of your database and feeding the data into components.
- [Instructor] Most interfaces rely on some type of data,…so for this course we store these in a file,…and we'll need to add this file into our assets folder.…Remember, this assets folder contains anything…that we want the application to have access to later on,…like images, and in this case,…we're going to add a file here.…We'll call it data.json,…and we're going to paste some data in there…from a gist that I've created for you at this URL.…
- Building custom Angular projects
- Working with subcomponents
- Adding icons
- Adding search functionality
- Using lifecycle methods
- Managing list data
- Indexing your data
- Updating records
Skill Level Intermediate
Using the exercise files1m 43s
1. Building Custom Angular Projects
2. Working with Subcomponents
3. Creating More Subcomponents
Managing form submission8m 33s
4. Managing List Data
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.