Find out how to install CouchDB on your local machine to mimic communication between your Angular 2 application and a server.
- [Instructor] CouchDB is a document-based database…that we'll use in this course to mimic communication…between Angular and a server…to demonstrate server-side data storage options.…We're using CouchDB because it's easy to use…and will keep this course focused…on testing and debugging Angular code…without straying too far into database management.…To install CouchDB on a Mac, simply download the binary…from the official CouchDB website…and launch the application.…By default, Google Chrome saves downloads…to the downloads folder in your home directory on Mac OS 10.…
You can run the application directly…from the downloads folder, or you can move it…to your applications directory like I will here.…After launching the application,…you should see a browser-based interface appear bound…to local host port 5984 if everything installed correctly.…To shut down the server and unbind the port,…select quit Apache CouchDB…from the CouchDB menu bar application.…If you're working on a Windows or Linux-based machine,…be sure to read the official CouchDB documentation…
- Analyzing Angular 2 error messages
- Identifying the causes of common error messages
- Preventing common errors with custom error handling
- Analyzing testing reports
- Reviewing common testing report errors and their likely causes
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 10/30/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: common Angular 2 errors—including dependency injection errors—and testing Angular 2 apps.
Angular Essential Trainingwith Justin Schwartzenberger2h 48m Intermediate
Angular 2: Widget-Based Architectureswith Derek Peruo52m 18s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Application overview1m 49s
2. How Angular 2 Reports Errors
Error handling in Angular1m 21s
3. Common Angular 2 Errors
4. Testing Angular 2 Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.