In order to modify a record, you need to be able to target the index of the data, which means that you have to inject an index after you read the information.
- [Man] In order to modify these records,…right now we have in the list component that html,…something called content editable true…right here on each one of these fields…that we want to modify.…This allows you to edit the text…in the browsers but it has no baring…on the actual data.…So if I say for example, delete the E right here in Bailey…I can still search for Bailey with an E…and it'll find that record.…Also if I keep on searching for different things…eventually the E will come back…because the data hasn't actually been modified.…
So what we need to do is find a way…of passing along the index of these records.…Now Angular has this way of giving you an index…but it's not going to be really useful because what you do is…you say something like,…index as…aptIndex here…and what it does is it gives you a variable…that we are calling aptIndex here…and, let's go ahead and use that…to print out the index right by the name.…
And we're putting a couple hyphens there.…The problems is that aptIndex or the index that we get…
- Building custom Angular projects
- Working with subcomponents
- Adding icons
- Adding search functionality
- Using lifecycle methods
- Managing list data
- Indexing your data
- Updating records
Skill Level Intermediate
Using the exercise files1m 43s
1. Building Custom Angular Projects
2. Working with Subcomponents
3. Creating More Subcomponents
Managing form submission8m 33s
4. Managing List Data
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.