In this video, learn how Angular handles scoping CSS styles to a component template with Emulated view encapsulation mode.
- [Instructor] One of the major benefits of Shadow DOM … in the document outside of that block. … is that it is not implemented in all browser vendors. … The Angular framework fills that gap … During the build, Angular runs … that mimic the standard shadow CSS scoping rules. … Let's take a look at how Angular handles … the CSS we write for components … after it does its build and it gets delivered … We will use the app component here to investigate … the markup and CSS written in the project code … to include a CSS file for this component. … If we take a look at that app dot component dot css file, … we can see that there are several … selectors with rules defined. … There is a colon host, one, … some element selectors, and some CSS class selectors. … And these elements in classes are being used … in the component template markup. … Now we'll go over how to use these in an upcoming video. … But for now, we'll just get a picture of what's in here. … So we can compare that to the final output. …
- What is Angular?
- Working with components
- Binding events and properties
- Getting data to components
- Using directives and pipes
- Creating Angular forms
- Validating form data
- How Angular does dependency injection
- Making HTTP calls
- Styling components
Skill Level Intermediate
Angular: Building an Interfacewith Ray Villalobos2h 20m Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
8. Styling Components
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.