In this video, learn how to access field validator errors in markup using the template syntax.
- Let's take a look at how you can use … the Angular form system to provide some … error feedback in the UI. … The media item form has the required … pattern and year validators. … of the form, to show some text messages for these fields. … to represent the form. … that takes in a string, and can be used … to find a child control by name. … We can use this method to get to the named controls … And form groups, controls, and arrays … have a method named "has error" that takes a string … are any errors via an error name. … dot HTML file, lets add a div with an ngIf directive, … which the form CSS file in the project code … Switching over to the browser, … we see that if we put in an invalid character in the name, … the error message gets removed. … "form dot get year dot hasError year." … and enter in a valid year and see it go away. … Back in the component class, the year validator code … is in control of returning the object … so we can actually update it to contain … the range values the validator is checking on. …
- What is Angular?
- Working with components
- Binding events and properties
- Getting data to components
- Using directives and pipes
- Creating Angular forms
- Validating form data
- How Angular does dependency injection
- Making HTTP calls
- Styling components
Skill Level Intermediate
Angular: Building an Interfacewith Ray Villalobos2h 20m Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
8. Styling Components
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.